Need help streamlining your construction projects or business operations? There’s an app for that. There are several apps out there to help you stay more connected to your team, capitalize on opportunities and stay in control of the day to day. We asked the experts to reveal which apps are best for professionals in the industry based on the challenges they face. Each of these applications can revolutionize your construction business through improved communication, collaboration and increased profits for your business. Read on to learn about some of the best construction apps for 2019.
Description: Zello is the highest rated push-to-talk “walkie talkie” / 2-way radio app for smart devices (& the #1 app on iTunes when Hurricane Irma hit the Caribbean) that enables instant and secure voice communication for groups of all sizes. Zello enables instant and secure voice communication for businesses and organizations of all sizes. They facilitate work teams’ communication and collaboration in real time, particularly for desk-less or remote workers, including folks in the retail, catering, construction, hospitality and transportation industries.
Drivers & Dispatchers
Replacing Carrier PTT
- Zello is the cell phone walkie talkie app for mobile devices, iPhone and Android, or PCs
- Available worldwide, Zello’s WiFi walkie talkie app allows you to stay connected wherever WiFi or data services are available
- Unlike traditional walkie talkie radios, Zello’s walkie talkie app has no limits on users, channels, or uses and is a secure push-to-talk app
- Two push-to-talk (PTT) app versions: a free personal app, and a paid version for work
What it is:
API-based integrations between Rhumbix, ERP, and Accounting partners enables system-to-system level synchronization for seamless paperless timekeeping and production tracking. System-to-System integrations automate the flow of data, eliminating the time consuming and error prone manual process of exporting and importing data between system. A big part of their work is focused on Time and Materials – the area that can make or break a construction project.
- This is an all-encompassing field intelligence app and web interface to collect, analyze, and optimize labor productivity for owners, general contractors, and subcontractors.
- Tracks foreman feedback, productivity performance metrics, timecard tracking, field notes/photos and quantities.
- A single source of truth that integrates with a variety of ERP systems. The application allows teams to bridge the gap between the office and field, optimizing labor productivity
- Modernizes mid and large-scale construction sites with a mobile platform intended to bridge the gap between the office and field via data. The result is increased efficiency, productivity and revenue.
For Quick Compliance
Description: The Heights and Areas (H&A) Calculator is a joint effort of the American Wood Council and WoodWorks – The Wood Products Council. It provides users with an app-based approach to calculating maximum heights and areas for buildings of various occupancies and fire protection based on 2006 to 2015 editions of the International Code Council’s International Building Code® (IBC®) provisions.
- It provides users with an app-based approach to calculating maximum heights and areas for buildings of various occupancies and fire protection.
- Streamlines the process for identifying compliant types of construction.
- The “basic” version of the calculator limits building input to a single occupancy and equal floor areas for the entire building. An “advanced” option permits multiple occupancies and different floor areas.
For Project Management and Projection
Description: BLW Systems has created a cloud-based construction management solution that’s changing the construction industry called Actual Cost Engineering (A.C.E.). Accessible from any computer, tablet or smart phone, A.C.E. is a new user-friendly platform designed for all major building trades.
Contractors for all major building trades
- Key capabilities include estimating, project management, scheduling and job costing. A.C.E. helps contractors accurately bid on jobs by considering all labor, materials, equipment, liability and overhead costs.
- Allows bidding data to easily transfer over to the project management phase because all data is entered into one system. Foremen can input labor data and clock in and out from the field. The system also automatically creates material orders based off bidding data that can be edited by field staff before final submission, ensuring the supplier invoice is attributed to the correct job with accurate pricing.
- C.E software eliminates many of construction’s day-to-day challenges and provides a real-time job costing feature that allows contractors to compare actual costs with bidding budgets in easy-to-analyze graphs. Users can monitor contract pricing and employee performance and make overall more informed cost-efficient decisions.
For Community Connection
Description: Trade Hounds is a new app for blue collar construction workers all over the United States. The Trade Hound mobile app, debuting in January, connects trade workers in real time all over the country by providing them a digital social focus group they can call their own.
- One-stop shop for construction workers etc. to connect with each other to discuss their jobs, their families and their life/work issues.
- Members can share their experiences, discuss their projects, showcase their best work, and store, organize and share work photos with fellow trade workers.
- Trade Hounds empowers trade workers by providing them a digital home to learn from each other, improve, and validate their work, all in real time – no matter their location.
For Heavy Lifting
Description: GoShare connects truck and van owners with businesses who need help moving and delivering large items on demand. One area that they specialize in is last mile delivery of construction materials. This typically describes deliveries from a retail store to a job site. The highly rated app saves construction professionals time and money by allowing them to keep their team at the job site focused all day.
Truck / van owners and businesses
- When they need materials, customers can use the app to find a delivery professional(s) with a truck or van and they can pick up and deliver construction materials when needed.
- A convenient and affordable option. Their delivery professionals will help load and unload the material in addition to providing their truck.
- All delivery pros are background checked, licensed and backed by a comprehensive $4m insurance policy. Construction material deliveries start at only $39.99.
For Lead Management
Description: Builder Prime is a must have app for both General and Specialty Contractors because it gives you everything you need in one app to manage and automate your contracting business. At its heart, Builder Prime is a CRM and Project Management app built just for contractors that helps you manage your leads, sales, and production. One area of specialty is the capability to generate customized proposals and contracts and make it super quick and easy to get legally binding eSignatures. The Builder Prime app is simple and intuitive, but extremely powerful with loads of tools to make your company more productive and more profitable.
General /Specialty Contractors
- Manage leads more effectively
- Prevent leads from slipping through the cracks
- Provide better service to your customers
- Automate marketing, sales, and production processes
It’s going to be a busy year for construction businesses in 2019. According to the Urban Land Institute (ULI’s) three-year economic forecast there is expected to be continued growth in U.S commercial real estate through 2019. This could indicate heavy work in the coming year for construction workers. While there are hundreds of apps to choose from, we hope the ones highlighted above can help bring your construction business much success for 2019 and beyond.
Are you looking to expand your construction business in the new year or need help covering overhead costs? We can help with our fast and easy small business funding solutions.
Reliant Funding recommends a review of each app to determine if each meets business needs and regulatory compliance.